We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best humidifier night light combo: LittleHippo Wispi
- Best night light with remote: LumieWorld LumiPets
- Best children’s lamp with night light: Vava Baby Night Light
- Best night light with music: Skip Hop Moonlight & Melodies Nightlight Soother Owl
- Best night light with timer: LittleHippo Mella
- Best night light with projections: Luckkid Star Projector Lamp
- Best plug-in night light: Projectables LED Plug-In Night Light
- Best budget-friendly night light: Munchkin Find My Way Nightlight
- Best plush night light: Summer Slumber Buddies
- Best night light with sound machine: Hatch Rest
Creating a peaceful sleep environment for your little loved one can help make bedtime a breeze. The right night light helps relax your child as they doze off and provides comfort when they wake up in the middle of the night.
While it’s not entirely necessary, a soothing night light can be a fantastic addition to your child’s room or nursery. Let’s face it: The dark can be scary! And a night light can provide your child with a sense of safety and comfort as they drift into dreamland.
Whether you’re looking to relax your child as they start to snooze, establish a bedtime routine, or alleviate fears of things that go bump in the night, there are plenty of night lights available to do just that.
“Decide what you want to use the night light for. Adding some light to your child’s room is one of the things that night lights can do. Kids can develop a sleep schedule with some timers.”
- Music and sounds.
- There are different types of lightbulbs.
- The color and brightness are important.
- alarm capabilities
- projected images
- The timer is on.
- remote control.
- Plug-in or battery operated.
Projected images are popular with children of all ages and may help create a relaxing atmosphere. Kids who are learning to tell time enjoy night lights with The timer is on.and alarm features. They may appreciate knowing when it’s time to go to sleep, get out of bed, or get ready for school.
We researched the functions of the products and read customer reviews to help you make a decision. You may end up with a night light in your own room if you read on.
- $ = under $15
- $$ = $15–$40
- $$$ = over $40
Best humidifier night light combo
The LittleHippo Wispi is a multi-functional device. The light is not dimmable, but it has seven vivid color options. The settings are easy to use and clean, which is a plus for a humidifier. It can be used as a humidifier without the need for essential oils.
The plug-in device quietly adds cool moisture to the air, thanks to what the company dubs “cool mist technology.” This is key for children’s humidifiers, as cool mists won’t cause scalding, an issue that can occur with hot water humidifiers.
The humidifier feature is useful for children who live in dry climates or have allergies, dry skin, or respiratory concerns. If you add oils, be sure to review our essential oil guidelines, as certain oils should never be used around children.
- The device is used for a variety of purposes, including a night light, a humidifier, and an essential oil diffuser.
- The Wispi is easy to use.
- The device is running quietly.
- The night light is not dimmable, and it may be too bright for some.
- Some customers complain that the display screen is blurry.
- You will need to keep it clean.
Best night light with remote
These designs are great for your child. The portable light is powered by ausb port and can be used for a long time.
LumiPets night lights are best suited for toddlers and preschoolers, but the included remote means parents can easily operate the device, too. The animal-shaped design(take your pick of a bunny, unicorn, bear, among others) is made of nontoxic washable silicone that’s easy to clean. The remote can adjust the colors, brightness, and control a sleep timer.
- The light has nine different colors that can be changed with a remote control.
- It is easy to clean in the dishwasher.
- “LumiPets batteries can last up to 12 hours per charge, which is plenty for a good night’s rest.”
- LumiPets may be too bright for some.
- “The range is poor because the remote doesn’t turn the light on, and only allows you to change the light’s color.”
- Some customers say that it stopped working after a while.
Best children’s lamp with night light
The night light is suitable for all ages and is available in eight color options. Parents love that you can change the light color with a tap. The kids like decorating the lamp with the facial expression stickers.
The easy travelability of this battery-powered night light is due to the handle. It is waterproof, so you may use it on a camping adventure.
- The light is portable.
- It is good for diaper changes.
- It has a long battery. The company says that one charge can power the light for 100 hours.
- When it is in a mode of continuous use, it emits a blue light.
- There is no way to dim the colors.
- “Some people think it isn’t bright enough.”
- “It doesn’t have a remote.”
Best night light with music
The owl-shaped night light projector with a standard bulb is a great way to light up a room. The plug-in lamp has four different sound options to help infants and toddlers sleep.
This light is small and lightweight, so you can easily toss it in a bag when you are on the road.
- The lamp has adjustments for volume and brightness.
- It helps calm and soothe infants and toddlers.
- It is easy to use, with a panel of buttons.
- It is not bright enough for some.
- The sound quality is not good.
- “It doesn’t have a remote.”
Best night light with timer
This innovative night light is designed to help children ages 1 and up follow a sleep schedule. You can adjust the brightness of the standard bulb, and the light has a battery and plug-in option. The light has a nap The timer is on.and several alarm options. You can choose from six colors as a night light.
The Mella uses a combination of facial expressions, colors, and an alarm to signal to your child when it is time to play or actually get up and start their day.
The alarm clock glows yellow 30 minutes before they needs to wake up and changes to green when it’s time to get out of bed. One parent says her daughter reads a book in bed when the yellow light turns on and waits until it turns green to get out of bed.
You can also set a time limit on the Mella.
- The night light has features that help children follow a schedule.
- You can choose from six colors as a night light.
- The Mella can also be used as a countdown The timer is on.for other activities.
- It is easy to open the battery compartment, and batteries are a hazard for little ones, so you must keep this device out of reach.
- The battery may fail.
- “Some customers think it’s poor quality.”
- “It doesn’t have a remote, so you have to do it on the device.”
Best night light with projections
The lamp has five projection films and can be used in three different colors at three different levels of brightness. The images are on the walls and ceiling.
Simply place the cover over the lamp to use it as a night light. This blocks the projection so that it shines onto the cover instead of the walls.
“You can adjust the color and brightness with a plug. The lamp is suitable for kids of all ages, but it’s also great for adults. It’s possible that you will find yourself breaking it out during your next party.”
- It is good for children who are scared of the dark.
- It helps kids relax.
- The images are clear.
- You can use it with a variety of films.
- The light is not bright enough for some.
- It uses a lot of batteries.
- The cord is shorter than the other side.
Best plug-in night light
This energy-efficient LED night light is another option that projects colorful images onto the wall, ceiling, or floor. The simple plug-in designuses a light sensor to automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn.
- The price of this night light is very high.
- It helps to calm children who are afraid of darkness.
- You can purchase it with a projector image or a set of six.
- The display is small and can be blurry.
- The images fade over time.
- It is not bright enough for some.
Best budget-friendly night light
Price: $$ (two-pack)
This little night light is a great addition to a nursery. It uses battery-operated lights that stay cool to the touch and are easy to use.
It has a handle so your child can carry it with them as they walk. It is easy to use with only one button. It turns off after 20 minutes.
- The light is easy to use.
- Kids can use it to read.
- It is portable and sturdy.
- It only lasts for 20 minutes.
- It uses blue light.
- The power button is hard to find in the dark.
Best plush night light
“The Eddie the Elephant is one of the most adorable plush animals that the Summer Slumber Buddies have. You can either use a projected image to illuminate the walls or set the elephant’s light to blue, green, or amber. The night light is battery-powered.”
The night light plush toy has peaceful songs and nature sounds with three volume options. One reviewer shared that her daughter has used hers for 4 years, and it was a hit with parents and kids alike.
This nightlight should not be placed in a crib with babies as it can pose a suffocation hazard.
- The portable night light is portable.
- It helps kids sleep.
- The music is relaxing.
- It lasts for 45 minutes.
- The buttons are hard to see in the dark.
- Something is not good about the sound quality.
Best night light with sound machine
The Hatch Rest night light has a sound machine with several themes and colors suitable for all ages. Reviewers love it because it has a brightness that is variable. It has an OK-to-wake clock so your tot will know when it is time to wake.
Reviewers claim the sound quality is good. Parents say they love being able to control the sound machine from their phone or tablets.
This product requires you to fork over a lot of data about your baby and your routine when you set it up, like most apps. This is probably not the product for you, if that sounds like it would be a good idea to share with your child.
- Setting up a sleep routine is aided by the night light.
- You can adjust the volume and brightness.
- The app is easy to use.
- The buttons are hard to see in the dark.
- The app may be too much for some parents.
- Some customers say it broke after a few months.
|Night light||Price||Power source||LED||Age
|LittleHippo Wispi||$$$||plug-in||yes||all ages|
|LumieWorld LumiPets||$$||battery||yes||toddlers and preschoolers|
|VAVA Baby Night Light VA-CL009||$$||battery||yes||all ages|
|Skip Hop Moonlight & Melodies Nightlight Soother Owl||$$||plug-in||no||infants and toddlers|
|LittleHippo Mella||$$$||battery and plug-in||no||toddlers and older|
|Luckkid Star Projector Lamp||$$||battery and plug-in||yes||toddlers and older|
|Projectables LED Plug-In Night Light||$||plug-in||yes||all ages|
|Munchkin Light My Way Nightlight||$$||battery||yes||ages two and up|
|Summer Slumber Buddies||$$||battery||yes||infants and toddlers|
|Hatch Rest||$$$||plug-in||yes||all ages|
It is best to use a night light with warm colors as blue and white light can make it harder to sleep. Some lights have options for color and brightness. If you plan to use it to read before bed or change your diaper during the night, you should get a brighter light. If you plan to leave it on all night, you should use a dim light.
The features and intended use of the night light will be what determines its usefulness. Do you prefer a device that only lights up when the sun is setting, or do you prefer a device that can help your child decide when to leave the house?
If your child wakes up during the night and the light is portable, it might be a problem to turn it on easily. Plug-in options are great for kids who stay put or sleep through the night, but a portable, battery-operated model is better for kids who want to carry it into the bathroom.
What color night light is best for children?
melatonin production can be suppressed by blue and yellow lighting, which can also reduce tiredness in children, which can affect sleep quality.
When should I give my child a night light?
You can give your child a night light at any age, but you should pay attention to the safety features that are used in certain models. Night lights with battery compartments that are easy to open are not something you should be avoiding.
Are there any benefits to night lights for kids?
Night lights can help children feel calm and comfortable, which can help them sleep better. They can help children who are afraid of the dark to sleep.
They can be used for children who wake up at night and want to go to another room. Children who enjoy reading in bed can use the options with timers.
There are many benefits to be had from the night light you choose and your child.
There are many options for night lights, from the basic options to the more advanced lights with features such as projections, sounds, and color options. Some night lights are dim, while others are bright enough for reading.
A night light can help children sleep, or it can help them get up and know when to go to sleep.