We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best reading pillow overall: LinenSpa Shredded Foam Reading Pillow
- Best budget reading pillow: Contour Living Flip Pillow
- Best reading pillow for back support: Vekkia Reading and Bed Rest Pillow
- Best tablet reading pillow: IPEVO PadPillow
- Best reading pillow for sharing: Peachwell Triangular Reading Pillow
- Best supportive reading pillow: Avana Comfort Kind Bed Orthopedic Support Pillow System
Getting into bed and reading your favorite book is one of the best feelings, right up there with sleeping in on weekends. But, while reading in bed is a simple pleasure, what’s not so simple is finding the most comfortable position for it.
Scrunching up pillows to prop your back, shifting to relieve numb body parts, or finding the right angle to hold your neck up can all disrupt your reading experience.
Check out our picks for the best pillows.
We paid close attention to the pillows that were most popular with reviewers.
We made sure to pick the right pillow styles, from e-reader pillows and wedges to pillows that are suitable for sharing.
- $ = under $45
- $$ = $45–$75
- $$$ = over $75
Best reading pillow overall
LinenSpa Shredded Foam Reading Pillow
- Price: $
- Material: cover is velour and polyester and fill is 100% polyurethane foam (shredded memory foam)
- Sizes: standard, extra-large, and extra-large with added neck support
- Dimensions: 28 x 8 x 8 inches (standard size)
Reviewers love this pillow. It may not be ready for use immediately because it is filled with memory foam.
It could take up to 48 hours to get it to its intended shape, but you can plump the pillow up yourself.
This pillow is great for reading in bed, but you can also use it to watch TV or play games with its built-in handle.
The pillow is in two sizes. The brand says the larger size has neck support that is for comfort.
- It was given high marks for its comfort and shape.
- Extra comfort is achieved by oversized.
- “It’s a bit heavy if you move from room to room a lot.”
- It might be a bit big for smaller beds.
Best budget reading pillow
Contour Living Flip Pillow
- Price: $
- Material: fill is hypoallergenic fiber, option to add cotton or microfiber pillow cases
- Sizes: standard and king
- Dimensions: 19 x 20 x 18 inches (standard size), king size is 10 inches wider
The flip pillow is a versatile option that can be used in many ways.
Reviewers love the pillow for its soft feel and how comfortable it feels when placed in different positions.
The pillow is more flexible than a foam wedge.
It comes in a king size if you want something bigger.
- Useful for multiple positions, including under your knees and behind your back.
- It feels very soft.
- “Standard size isn’t wide enough to offer stable back support for reviewers”
- The pillow may lose density over time.
Best reading pillow for back support
Vekkia Reading and Bed Rest Pillow
- Price: $$
- Material: cover is velvet, fill is memory foam
- Sizes: 18 inches high or 24 inches high with additional neck support
- Dimensions: 15 x 11 x 18 inches
If you want to give your back the right support, this reading pillow is for you.
It is highly recommended by users who have undergone surgery.
The pillow can be changed. It comes with an extra bag of memory foam, so you can plump it up if you want.
You may need to wait 24 to 48 hours before you can use the Vekkia pillow, because it is compressed for easy transport.
- You can add an extra bag of foam.
- There is a There is a storage pocket. for reading accessories.
- Some reviewers say the label is misleading and that the origin of shredded foam filling is not disclosed.
- The foam filling expands upon opening, so it may have a strong scent.
Best tablet reading pillow
- Price: $
- Material: cover is cotton denim, inside is soft foam
- Sizes: one size
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 6.7 x 9.1 inches
If you do your reading on an iPad or another device, this wedge pillow is a great option. It is a prop for your book or tablet.
It is designed for comfortable reading, no matter where you put it. The cover is machine washed.
It has enough space to hold a keyboard when flipped open, and it is covered in cotton. It has a pocket at the back that you can use to store your accessories.
- There is a storage pocket.
- The cover is not dry.
- “It’s meant to support your tablet, not your neck.”
- If you stare down at your book without neck support, it might cause neck pain.
Best reading pillow for sharing
Peachwell Triangular Reading Pillow
- Price: $$$
- Material: velvet cover and polyester fill
- Sizes: queen, king, or California king (matches the width of your mattress)
- Dimensions: 77 × 8 × 20 inches (king)
If you and your partner enjoy relaxing in bed and reading or watching tv, this pillow is for you. It is a splurge. Many reviewers commented that they were guilty of spending that much on a pillow because they had no remorse.
It comes with two neck roll pillows for extra support, and you can choose from 17 colors.
- machine-The cover is not dry.s
- There are multiple sizes available to match the mattress width.
- Some buttons may need reinforcement.
- If you are a single sleeper, you may be too big.
Best supportive reading pillow
Avana Comfort Kind Bed Orthopedic Support Pillow System
- Price: $$$
- Material: memory foam
- Sizes: one size
- Dimensions: 32.5 x 11 x 24
Your neck, back, and shoulders are the most important areas to support when you are in bed.
The Avana Comfort Kind Bed Pillow System has some leg support to go with it.
The set is made of foam. Users praise it for its full-body support. It is made for use as a reading pillow, but also designed to help if you get acid reflux at night, or if you are recovering from surgery. There is a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- There are many ways in which the pillow set can be configured.
- machine-The cover is not dry.s
- If you are looking for a reading pillow, there are more features than you need.
- It was expensive compared to other picks.
Still searching for the right sleep products?
Let us help. Shop our top picks for pillows by condition or sleep position to get the sound sleep you deserve.
If you spend a lot of time in bed, you are familiar with the many maneuvers that you must perform to get comfortable.
Sitting for long periods while looking down to read a book can cause a stiff neck and back.
While regular pillows can be used to prop yourself up, reading pillows are specifically designed to offer support without compromising on comfort.
So, while you don’t necessarily have to buy a special pillow for reading, doing so might make reading in bed that much more comfortable.
The reading pillows are useful in the bed. Some reading pillows can be used on the floor or as additional support when sitting on a chair or sofa.
The shape of the pillow, inner fill, and outer fabric are three main things to look out for when selecting a reading pillow.
Solid memory foam, shredded memory foam, and polyester fibers are the most common materials used in reading pillows.
The ability of memory foam to fit into the shape of your body makes it great for support.
shredded memory foam is more absorbent than solid foam.
“The fill for reading pillows is provided by the fibers of the polyester family. The fill isn’t likely to last as long as the foam pillows.”
There are reading pillows made of velvet, faux suede, cotton, and more.
The most delicate fabrics may require professional cleaning.
Some pillows come with removable, The cover is not dry.s. Others are designed to be spot-cleaned only.
A traditional shape for a reading pillow has a high back and two support arms. If you are looking for a good support while reading, these pillows are a good option.
The wedge pillows can be used to prop you up in bed while you watch a show.
|LinenSpa Shredded Foam Reading Pillow||$||shredded foam||traditional|
|Contour Living Flip Pillow||$||fiber fill||wedge|
|Vekkia Reading and Bedrest Pillow||$$||shredded foam||traditional|
|IPEVO Pad Pillow||$||foam||handheld wedge|
|Peachwell Triangular Reading Pillow||$$$||polyester fill||wedge, 2 neck pillows|
|Avana Comfort Kind Bed System||$$$||memory foam||body wedge, knee rest, head rest, lumbar pillow|
Reading pillows are a great addition to your home. Everyone will love a reading pillow that is perfect for them.
Finding the best reading pillow for you will require setting an intention before you shop. You should know what type of fill material (memory foam, shredded foam, or polyester fill) you’re looking for, as well as if you’re hoping to find something with a removable, The cover is not dry..
You should also decide if you want to share the pillow with a partner or if you want to only use one pillow at a time.
Elizabeth Plumptre is a health and wellbeing writer. She has been helping brands like Hims, MindBodyGreen, and Prose create content that is relevant to diverse readers for the last 4 years. You can find more of her work at beth wrote that.com.