6 Ways to Make Your Hair Grow Faster and Stronger
We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
How fast does hair grow?
You’re born with all the hair follicles you’ll ever have. Your head alone has about 100,000 follicles. As you age, some follicles stop producing hair, which is what causes baldness or hair thinning.
In total, the growth cycle for each hair on your scalp can take 2 to 6 years.
How fast your hair grows depends on a number of factors.
- hair type
- Overall health.
- There are certain health conditions.
There is still a lot of research to be done on how hair growth is regulated in your body, and there is no idea on the possibility of speeding up hair growth.
Learn about the science behind hair growth and how to use it for a healthier hair.
Hair grows in three stages, and each strand of hair follows its own timeline:
- Anagen. The active growth phase of hair lasts 3–10 years.
- Catagen. The transition phase where hair stops growing lasts 2–3 weeks.
- Telogen. The resting phase where hair falls out lasts 3–4 months.
At any given time, the average scalp has
Can you increase the anagen phase for hair growth?
The anagen phase can last as long as your hair is long and the cells in your follicle base are growing.
The matrix cells lose some of their structure as they reach the upper follicle. The shed structure and the hair strands that exit it are made of keratins.
More studies are needed to know what causes our bodies to switch on the anagen phase, and what can be done to promote hair growth.
There are steps you can take to promote healthy hair.
Hair is made of skin cells.
There are steps you can take to keep your hair healthy and long, even though there is no direct way to make your hair grow faster overnight.
1. Keep up with vitamins and nutrients
“Many companies promote vitamins for hair growth, but they don’t always affect hair length. Your hair growth is dependent on the amount of energy you have, so getting too little calories and certain vitamins can affect it.”
It is best to get your vitamins and minerals from your diet. You may consider taking supplements if you have a deficiency.
The science behind some of the hair growth enhancers is behind the below list.
|Omega-3 and DHA||may work||One
|Zinc||may only affect those with a zinc deficiency|
|Biotin (vitamin B7)||may only affect those with a biotin deficiency||While biotin is often promoted for hair growth, there’s
|Vitamin C||unlikely, and only supported by anecdotal evidence||The antioxidant effects of vitamin C may help prevent oxidative Stress. that can cause hair to gray and thin out. However, there’s no evidence that vitamin C directly influences hair growth.|
|Iron||may only affect those with an iron deficiency||Iron deficiency is
|Vitamin D||may only affect those with autoimmune hair loss||Studies have found that people with alopecia areata commonly have vitamin D deficiencies, but more research is needed to determine if there is a definitive hair loss link.|
A note on supplements
Talk with your doctor before you try supplements. They can cause side effects if they interact with any of your medications.
Best OTC Supplement for Hair Growth: HUM Hair Sweet Hair
If your doctor determines that you have a deficiency in certain vitamins that can affect hair growth or hair loss, you may want to ask them about the OTC supplement Hair Sweet Hair from HUM.
The gummies contain vitamins B, B12, and B6, as well as a root extract to promote hair growth.
They cost $26 for a 30-day supply.
- Provides your daily needs of vitamins B12, zinc, and folic acid.
- The company says that customers who took gummies for 3 months reported faster hair growth.
- The gummies have a pleasant berry flavor.
- The company says it may take at least 4 weeks to see results, which would triple the cost of the monthly supply.
- “It may not be efficient if you don’t have enough of the included vitamins.”
Read more about vitamins for hair growth.
2. Apply essential oils/carrier oils
Put a few drops of tea tree, rosemary, or lime oil into your shampoo or dilute it with jojoba oil.
- It is a drug of choice.
- It was thyme.
- “It’s peppermint.”
- The extract from garlic.
It is not advisable to apply essential oils to your skin. They can be sucked in a carrier oil.
While research suggests there are health benefits, the FDA doesn’t monitor or regulate the purity or quality of essential oils. It’s important to talk with a healthcare professional before you begin using essential oils and be sure to research the quality of a brand’s products. Always do a patch test before trying a new essential oil.
For instance, add a few drops of essential oil into 1 ounce (29.6 mL) of carrier oil. Certain
Best Carrier Oils for Hair: Maple Holistics Pure Carrier Oils for Essential Oils
It is best to check with a dermatologist before applying essential oils to hair and skin.
If you have an allergy to essential oils, this set of five carrier oils may be a good way to add some shine and hydration to your hair without causing any adverse reactions.
The set includes several oils. If you are new to carrier oils, this is a good way to try different types without spending a lot of money.
You can buy the set for $24.95.
- You can try out a variety of carrier oils in the set.
- They may help with the problem of hair loss.
- They may help with hair and scalp issues.
- There is not enough evidence to show that oils can make hair grow faster.
- Some customers say that the set contains different quantities of oils.
Does coconut oil help with hair growth?
3. Try topical ointments
People who experience hair loss should use a hair growth product.
Studies show that the products below help with hair growth and hair loss.
- Topical melatonin. It may reduce hair loss and increase the anagen growth cycle, according to one review.
- Topical minoxidil 5 percent (Rogaine). Slows hair loss when used daily for 3 to 6 months.
- Prescription finasteride (Propecia) topical. According to one
preliminary review, this may promote hair growth and reduce the rate of hair loss in androgenetic alopecia, also known as male-pattern baldness.
Best OTC Topical Treatment: Women’s Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam
The number one brand of minoxidil recommended by the dermatologist is said to boost hair regrowth by supporting hair follicle and protein production.
This is a gentle formula that can be used on color-treated hair. It may be combined with some prescription treatments.
Men and women can buy different minoxidil formulas from the same place. They will set you back 45 for a 4-month supply.
- It comes in a foam can with a tip for easy application.
- Minoxidil is a hair growth treatment.
- The product is gentle on sensitive skin.
- It can take a few months for the product to work.
- There are separate formulas for males and females.
4. Take keratin supplements
Hair loss is a
Best Keratin Supplement: Nutrafol Women’s Hair Growth Supplement
Men and women can get hair growth supplements from the brand, called Nutrafol.
“Their Women’s Formula has both keratin and collagen to support hair strength. It also contains zinc, vitamins A, C, and D, and other essential vitamins.”
The price is for a 30-day supply.
- It has a good amount of essential vitamins and minerals, as well as hair-friendly proteins, which is a plus.
- The ingredients are said to reduce Stress. in the body.
- 90 percent of customers see improvements in their hair.
- “It may not be effective if you don’t have enough of the included vitamins.”
- The price is high even for a single supply.
5. Use a topical protein treatment
Protein helps your hair grow and protects it from chemical and environmental damage. Some
Generally, it’s best to get protein from your diet instead of relying on supplements. Good sources include certain vegetables, nuts, yogurt, and foods like lean meat and fish.
If you style or apply heat to your hair often, using a protein treatment may help protect it. You can purchase these products online.
Best Topical Protein Treatment: Hi-Pro-Pac Extremely Damaged Hair Repair
The cream is designed to strengthen and repair dry hair. This product is ideal for curly hair types.
It will cost you $8.25 for a tube.
- It is promoted to treat hair damage.
- It stimulates your hair to grow.
- It is more affordable than other hair treatments.
- It may not add the same shine and luster as alternative oil-based products.
- Some people need to avoid the product if they have a wheat allergy or sensitivity.
6. Caffeinate your follicles
Caffeine has been shown to
While more studies are needed on caffeine as a hair growth promoter, preliminary research has shown that topical formulas may decrease hair loss, especially when combined with minoxidil.
Coffee may be an ingredient in hair products.
Best Caffeinated Hair Product: Alpecin C1 Caffeine Shampoo
This highly rated hair product from Alpecin combines caffeine with niacin and zinc to promote thicker hair.
It has castor oil for strength and shine. The most popular caffeine hair product in Germany is Alpecin C1.
The price is $12.45 per bottle.
- Coffee and zinc may promote hair growth.
- It is possible to provide shine to hair that is thin.
- The effects of caffeine last for a day.
- It may take up to 3 months to complete.
- “Some customers report that their hair looks better after use, but they don’t notice increased growth speed.”
Saw palmetto is a plant that can be used to treat hair loss.
Many factors can affect hair growth, including:
- Family history of hair loss is related to genetics.
- The hormones change.
- There is not enough nutrition.
- Certain medications.
- recent weight loss of 20 pounds (9 kg) or more
- It damages the hair.
- There are certain diseases or conditions.
Women who are pregnant may feel that their hair is growing faster. Meanwhile, those who have just had a baby may feel like they’re losing hair faster than normal.
“During the growing phase of your baby’s life, the hormones estrogen and testosterone cause you to have a higher ratio of hair follicles. After the baby is born, hair regrowth occurs in the resting telogen phase, making it appear like you are losing hair.”
Any hair issues should be addressed with a doctor. They can check for possible deficiencies and recommend products that may help.
If you’re experiencing unexplained and/or severe hair loss, you should schedule a checkup with your doctor, as There are certain health conditions. can cause hair loss. In such cases, treating the underlying cause may help reverse hair loss issues.
Boosting hair growth entails healthy hair habits along with an Overall health.y lifestyle. Some of the ways you can promote hair growth include the following:
- “You need to get enough of the animal kingdom’s essential vitamins and minerals in your diet.”
- Extreme or yo-yo dieting and large calories deficits are not good for you.
- You can choose hair products that suit your hair type.
- Take breaks between styling tools.
- Protect your hair from harmful elements.
Can you wash your hair every day?
This depends on your hair type.
While oily and straight hair may require daily washes, you may not need to shampoo daily if you have dry or damaged hair.
If your hair is not oily, try a dry wash.
Does weather affect hair growth?
There is no evidence that hair grows faster in the summer and less in the winter.
Any hair loss that is not normal should be addressed by a doctor.
How long does it take to speed up hair growth?
This may depend on the severity of the underlying hair loss conditions.
For example, minoxidil topical treatments for hair loss may take 3 to 6 months to work, while the correction of any nutritional deficiencies can vary in duration.
Does your hair grow slower as it gets longer?
If it seems like your hair growth is slowing down as it gets longer, this is likely due to the cycle your hair is in.
Keep in mind that, while the exact timeline varies, the total cycle for each hair on your scalp is between 2 and 6 years.
Most of the factors that control hair growth are not yours to control.
Poor nutrition can cause hair loss and thin hair. It is important to eat a balanced diet and stay hydrated.
Consider consulting your doctor if you experience unusual or significant hair loss. They can check for underlying causes like There are certain health conditions. or nutrient deficiencies.