The 8 Best Baby Bouncers and Swings of 2022
We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best bouncer for infants: Fisher-Price Deluxe Bouncer
- Best bouncer for toddlers: BabyBjörn Bouncer Balance Soft
- Best budget baby bouncer: Bright Starts Playful Pinwheels Bouncer
- Best adjustable baby rocker: Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker
- Best simple baby jumper: Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper
- Best freestanding traditional baby jumper: Jolly Jumper with Super Stand
- Best portable baby swing: Ingenuity Portable Swing
- Best luxury baby swing: Graco EveryWay Soother with Removable Rocker
“You know that there are going to be times when you can’t hold your baby, even if you enjoy it.”
Maybe you need to help your other children get ready for school, or you have time to make yourself a snack after your baby is asleep. If you are exhausted from the newborn stage, the only thing that will keep your child happy is a bouncer.
Most parents agree that investing in a quality baby bouncer is worth it. It can be hard to pick the right one that will keep your little one content and give you peace of mind.
You want something that is easy to operate, travel friendly and that will accommodate your child for their first 6 months, all of which are important factors.
Important safety note
If you’re buying a new baby bouncer from a retailer, you can rest assured that any new purchase made in-store or online will meet the standards as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
But if you’re inheriting an older baby bouncer, it’s a good idea to confirm that it’s not currently under a safety recall before using it.
We looked at a number of factors to narrow down our recommendations.
- A variety of swing speeds.
- Construction work.
- It is portable.
- The power source is the source of power.
- It is stable.
- It is easy to use.
- feedback from parents
- Installation or assembly is easy.
- quiet operation
The American Academy of Pediatrics endorsed our selection process.
- $ = under $60
- $$ = $60–$120
- $$$ = over $120
Best bouncer for infants
Fisher-Price Deluxe Bouncer
- Price: $
- Product weight: 8.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 23.62 in. by 15.55 in. by 15.94 in.
- Weight and age limit: up to 25 pounds
The Fisher-Price Bouncer is a good choice if you want a supportive seat and gentle waves. The padding provides support for newborns. You can also use powered vibration and soothing 20-minute melodies to calm even the fussiest baby. The core features include an interactive mobile and a seat pad that can be washed.
Considerations: While this bouncer is rated for up to 25 pounds, many parents found that their babies outgrew it by the time they were 2 or 3 months old. And some parents discovered that this wasn’t ideal for active babies who kicked at the frame because it could lead to bruising on their feet and heels.
- 20 minutes of nature sounds.
- calming vibrations are offered.
- The cover is machine washable.
- Comes with a harness and feet.
- Your baby may grow bigger before leaving the newborn stage.
Best bouncer for toddlers
BabyBjörn Bouncer Balance Soft
- Price: $$$
- Product weight: 4.6 pounds
- Dimensions: 31 in. by 15.5 in. by 22 in.
- Weight and age limit: 8 to 29 pounds; 0 to 2 years
We are not saying that your toddler will be allowed to run around the house while you bouncer them. The BabyBjrn Bouncer Balance Soft is designed to accommodate babies from newborns up to the age of 24 months.
The supportive and ergonomics design helps to cradle younger babies. Four different positions help to make the baby as comfortable as possible.
The lightweight Construction work. and modest 5-pound weight are ideal for travel. The fold-flat design makes this the perfect item to save for your next addition to the family. And a The cover is machine washable. makes cleaning your bouncer easier than ever.
- The chair supports up to 29 pounds.
- There are 10 color options.
- It is lightweight and travel-friendly.
- Some parents may find it a problem without the soothing sounds.
Best budget baby bouncer
Bright Starts Playful Pinwheels Bouncer
- Price: $
- Product weight: 5.4 pounds
- Dimensions: 19 in. by 21 in. by 16.63 in.
- Weight and age limit: up to 20 pounds
“You don’t need to spend a lot of money to find a bouncer that is reliable and safe for your child. If you don’t believe in going too far on stocking your nursery or don’t want to spend a lot on bouncers, the Bright Starts Playful Pinwheels Bouncer is a good choice.”
The brand offers a bouncer with a vibrating mechanism and a play bar that can be removed. There are pinwheel designs and other colorful designs that fit your design aesthetic.
Considerations: Although this bouncer is rated for up to 20 pounds, many parents noted that it’s not suited for newborns because it lacks sufficient head and neck support. However, the machine-washable seat pad and a wipeable frame make cleaning this bouncer easy.
- It is an affordable option for most budgets.
- Comes with a toy bar.
- It offers soothing sensations.
- Newborns may not be ideal because of lack of neck and head support.
Best adjustable baby rocker
- Price: $
- Product weight: 8 pounds
- Product dimensions: 27 in. by 20.5 in. by 22 in.
- Weight and age limit: up to 40 pounds or toddler stage
The word can be used to mean something when you are trying to outfit your nursery. The Infant-to-Toddler Rocker is an bouncer that can be used for younger babies and for toddlers. As a rocker, you can shift from a mobile rocker to a stable seat that is gentle to soothe a baby.
An adorable mobile with colorful characters helps to round out the infant features. The Infant-to-Toddler Rocker can support up to 40 pounds.
- It was designed to grow with a baby from a rocker to a chair.
- comes with removable toy bar and It offers soothing sensations.
- The seat pad is machine-washable.
- Even with a 40-pound weight rating, it might be too small for later toddler stages.
Best simple baby jumper
Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper
- Price: $
- Product weight: 5.5 pounds
- Product dimensions: 17.5 in. by 17 in. by 80.5 in.
- Weight and age limit: up to 25 pounds; must be at least 3 months old or have strong neck control
Baby jumpers are one of the older pieces of baby gear. The simple style of the door Bumper Jumper is easy to install.
“The Graco model features a simple, easy to use, lock that won’t leave marks on your door frame. The design of the clamp means that it can be moved to different rooms so you can always keep an eye on your baby.”
Considerations: The Bumper Jumper is rated for up to 25 pounds and features an adjustable strap to offer the perfect height for your little one. Note that if your door or entry frame doesn’t have crown molding, you’ll need to configure a modification to make this jumper work.
- Thanks to the spring- loaded clamp, it is easy to install.
- Can support up to 25 pounds.
- It was designed to not leave marks on doorframes.
- Your baby cannot be used until he learns neck control.
- Modifications will need to be made to use entry and doorframes.
Best freestanding traditional baby jumper
Jolly Jumper with Super Stand
- Price: $$$
- Product weight: 15 pounds
- Product dimensions: 42 in. by 43 in. by 60 in.
- Weight and age limit: up to 28 pounds; must be at least 3 months old or have full neck control
The classic jumper design becomes portable with this freestanding update from Jolly Jumper. The Jolly Jumper features the traditional jumper seat and a fold-flat stand with four legs for added It is stable.. Thanks to the sturdy Construction work., you can assemble this stand indoors or outside.
Considerations: This jumper is rated for up to 28 pounds and is designed for babies that are at least 3 months old or able to hold their heads up unassisted. The seat offers full spine support. And the easy assembly makes this a great portable solution.
- stand-alone jumper Construction work. makes this ideal to place anywhere
- The seat has full spine support.
- can be used indoors or outdoors
- Newborns cannot be used with full neck control.
Best portable baby swing
Ingenuity Portable Swing
- Price: $$
- Product weight: 7.01 pounds
- Product dimensions: 22.5 in. by 28.5 in. by 23 in.
- Weight and age limit: up to 20 pounds
It can be difficult to find travel-friendly gear that will keep your baby happy and calm while you are on the road. The Ingenuity Portable Swing folds down to make it easy to take with you on a road trip. The toy bar and swing speeds will help keep your baby occupied and soothed.
Some parents say that the upright option made the child uncomfortable in the reclining position, where they almost fell out of the seat.
- This is easy to store or travel.
- Swing speeds and multiple melodies.
- “The swing technology adjusts to your baby’s weight.”
- Some parents may not want their children to be allowed to be under a maximum weight of 20 pounds.
Best luxury baby swing
Graco Soothe My Way Swing with Removable Rocker
- Price: $$$
- Product weight: 22.53 pounds
- Product dimensions: 28 in. by 25.5 in. by 35 in.
- Weight and age limit: 5.5 to 25 pounds
“Finding the perfect combination to keep your baby happy can be hard. The Soothe my Way Swing with Removable Rocker has eight swing speeds, two directions, and a multi-directional seat that lets baby experience all of that movement in a range of positions. The swing can be converted to a rocker if you don’t feel like using it.”
The swing is powered by electricity and will grow with your baby. Some parents have noted that the swing operates loudly when used consistently.
- 8 motions in 2 directions are included.
- A seat can be removed to make way for a classic rocker.
- There are 3 recline settings, 10 melodies, and 5 nature sounds.
- It may be concerning for some parents that the motor may run loud.
One of the biggest benefits to a bouncer or swing is that it frees up your hands — and arms — so that you can accomplish other tasks. While many parents use bouncers as a space to let babies snooze, it’s important to note that the AAP strongly discourages this because of the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
Most bouncers and swings are rated for use up to 6 months of age or around 25 pounds. But during the earliest months, babies can’t roll over. This is why the AAP recommends “ABC sleeping” — alone (A) on their back (B) in a crib (C) — as the safest option since it leaves the airways unobstructed. In a more upright position, as is common in swings and bouncers, baby’s airway can become blocked.
The safety bottom line
- A bouncer or swing is not a good place to leave a baby.
- If your current model is listed under a recall, you should check it out.
- If you register your bouncer, you will receive product updates and recall notifications.
“Let’s take a look at the best baby bouncers for you.”
When you visit a store or browse online, you will often see baby bouncers, swings, and jumpers in the same aisle. They are different in how they function, even though they can all serve the same purpose.
Babies are ideal for bouncers, rockers or swings. Older babies can hold their heads up unassisted, so a jumper is only safe for them.
Baby bouncers and rockers
A baby bouncer is a seat that sits low to the ground. The movements of your baby can help create a rocking motion. Many models offer a range of vibrating equipment that can help soothe babies and may include toy bars to keep them entertained.
A baby swing is larger, sits higher, and swings at one or more speeds, as the name implies. Music, lights, and mobiles can be used on some swings to engage your baby. Swings used to move back and forth, but now you can find multi-directional models that support wider ranges of motion. This can include up and down, side to side, and even other features like figure eights or kangaroo motions.
A baby jumper should only be used when your child can hold their head up on their own. There are two ways to purchase a jumper, as a freestanding item with a supporting frame or as an item that needs to be secured to an existing structure.
When you need to accomplish a task or soothe a baby, bouncers are an ideal accessory. There are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for this item.
The maximum weight limit for any item you purchase should be confirmed. Babies from the newborn stage up to 6 months of age are accommodated in most bouncers. Some models are designed to grow with your child through toddlerhood.
If you are buying a jumper, you should make sure your baby has neck control and can hold their head up. bouncers can also convert into a variety of positions. Ensure that your baby is still safe to be positioned without the risk of injury or excessive pressure on their neck or head, before you adjust the position.
Ease of assembly
Bouncers are easy to assemble. Check the product description or review website for other parental reviews that outline how easy or difficult it is to assemble an item.
There are a lot of reasons why you should choose a portable bouncer. You can either move it around the house, take it with you when you travel, or just store it out of sight. You should look for models that fold flat or come with a cover to keep it clean when not in use.
“Extra features like music, toys, and even mobiles can turn your bouncer into a useful tool to keep your child occupied and content. These are standard features that most major brands include. You don’t have to view these options as a big deal.”
It is not necessary to spend a premium price to get a quality item. We have highlighted a range of options from budget friendly to luxury pricing. You should be able to find a bouncer that offers a safe place to keep your baby along with features like toys and mobiles.
If you are buying a new bouncer or putting it on your baby registry, you can be sure that it will meet safety regulations set by the CPSC. If you are buying a second-hand model, make sure that it is not listed on any safety recall product lists and inspect it for signs of damage or wear that could affect its safety.
When should a baby use a bouncer?
Your baby should not sleep in bouncers. Most bouncers are rated for use from the baby stage through the toddler stage. If you want to grow your baby with a bouncer that is designed to convert and grow with you, you should consider whether you can adjust the recline position or if it is a model that is designed to convert and grow with you.
Are baby bouncers safe for newborns?
“Most bouncers are safe to use with babies. It is always wise to check the manufacturer’s recommendations for bouncers, as some are not safe for newborns. We have told the ones on our list that are not recommended for newborns until they have mastered neck control.”
The minimum weight rating is usually six to eight pounds. Make sure that your baby is strapped into the bouncer and not left unattended. It is time to retire your bouncer once your baby has mastered sitting up.
How long can a baby be in a baby bouncer?
While there’s no limit to how frequently your baby can use a bouncer, there are guidelines for how long they should be in it at a time. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), you should
Can babies sleep in a baby bouncer?
While it’s tempting, the AAP strongly discourages parents or caregivers from letting babies snooze in baby bouncers. This is because it can increase a child’s risk for SIDS. And especially for newborns who haven’t mastered neck control, it can encourage airway obstruction if their heads roll forward.
“If you have a plan to be the most hands-on parent that ever existed, you will need to put your baby down when you need to. Sometimes, putting them on the floor on a playmat isn’t enough.”
“Sometimes you can’t compete with the soothing rhythm or vibration of a bouncer when your baby is very picky. A bouncer can help keep your kids safe.”