We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best budget-friendly table and chair set: Humble Crew Table and 4 Chairs
- Best activity table for storage: UTEX 2-in-1 Kids Multi-Activity Table and 2 Chairs
- Best activity table with an easy-clean top: Costzon Kids Table and 2 Chair Set
- Best activity table for small spaces: Delta Children Chair Desk with Storage Bin
- Best portable table and chair set: Disney Junior Minnie Mouse Blossoms & Bows Activity Table Set
- Best activity table with ergonomic chair: Costzon Kids Mid-Century Modern Style Table Set
- Best solid wood table set: Amazon Basics Kids Solid Wood Table and 2 Chair Set
- Best table set for playrooms: KidKraft Wooden Heart Table & Chair Set with 4 Storage Bins
- Best table and bench set: Amazon Basics Indoor Kids Table and Bench Set
The time finally comes in every child’s life when they’re ready for a table and chair set that’s designed just for them. Shopping for a toddler table and chair set is a bit of a milestone.
All toddler tables are cute (tiny furniture!), but you’ll also need something durable that can transition from mealtime to learning or arts and crafts sessions. So, as you consider adding a toddler table and chair set to your home, take a look at our recommendations to help narrow your search.
Consider the following when shopping for a toddler table.
- Size. Your toddler furniture set should be the right size for a 2- to 5-year-old to easily use — in the 20- to 25-inch height range.
- Seating. While a one- or two-chair set may be fine if your toddler is an only child (so far!), a four-chair set may be better if you’re trying to accommodate several children in your household or if you host playdates regularly.
- Design. There’s no right or wrong option here, but you’ll need to decide where you want to keep the toddler table and chair set. Consider if you want something that blends in more with your home’s general decor, or if you’re OK with a more child-like design.
- Materials. Toddler table sets that meet government standards are going to be made from child-safe materials, but you can still choose among wood, plastic, and even metal frame options. It’s wise to prioritize surfaces that are easy to clean so you can quickly wipe up those inevitable messes.
- Durability. Considering that the toddler phase can range between the ages of 2 to 5, you’re probably going to want a table set that can last more than a year. Look for durable solutions that can stand up to whatever your toddler throws at it — which can be a lot. And make sure the table can support their weight because, yes, your toddler might even attempt to stand on it!
- Portability. This is a nice-to-have feature if you’re thinking of bringing your toddler’s table set with you to visit friends or relatives. In this scenario, look for table sets with folding legs and folding chairs so you can pop them into the trunk without taking up too much space.
If you buy a table and chair set from a brick and mortar store, you can be confident that the furniture has passed all U.S. safety requirements. Target, Walmart, and BuyBuyBaby are examples of established retailers that are considered to be reputable.
If you shop online from other sources, like Amazon, you should look for listings that are from the actual manufacturer, or that are shipped and fulfilled by Amazon, as these listings will adhere to Consumer Product Safety. Third-party sellers may not comply with the guidelines.
If you’re inheriting or buying a set secondhand, you can visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission website to check that the furniture set isn’t on a recall list. Also, inspect it thoroughly to make sure that there aren’t signs of significant wear and tear on furniture joints.
We considered the size, seating options, design, materials, durability, and feedback from real parents when we came up with this list.
Price and measurements guide
- $ = under $50
- $$ = $50–$100
- $$$ = over $100
All height, length, and width are in inches.
Best budget-friendly table and chair set
- Price: $
- Table measurements: 17 H x 20 L x 20 W
- Age range: 3 – 8 years
- Colors: each set comes with different combinations of table and chair colors
- Best for: parents that aren’t great with tools
The table set from Humble Crew is perfect for the playroom and comes with a table and four chairs. It is made from easy-to- clean plastic and is ideal if you have a messy eater on your hands.
Although assemblyis required, parents like that the set is easy to put together and doesn’t require any tools. And, while the reviews are overwhelmingly positive, many parents warn that this set should be used on carpet or a foam mat to prevent sliding.
- “It is quick to assemble and doesn’t require tools.”
- supports a wide range of ages and works for kids from 3 to 8 years old.
- Each chair can hold up to 50 pounds of weight.
- “The plastic construction means that parents and caretakers can’t use the chairs themselves.”
- The plastic may not be as stable if a kid wriggles or moves around.
Best activity table for storage
- Price: $$$
- Table measurements: 21 H x 25.6 L x 25.6 W
- Age range: 3 and up
- Colors: white, espresso, and espresso with a gray drawer
- Best for: built-in storage and parents who aren’t afraid of assembly
This table and two-chair set is a bit of a splurge, but it gets a lot of praise for its built-in storage drawers. If you are a parent who wants a toddler table set that blends in with the rest of your home decor, this sleek white set is for you.
It comes with a Lego-friendly surface and a reversible table that can be changed between smooth and Lego-friendly surfaces. Some parents say they spent 2 hours assembling the table.
- Wood construction adds longevity.
- comes with built-in drawer for arts & crafts or storage
- The table top supports activities.
- It may be expensive for some households.
- Even with tools, assembly can be difficult.
Best activity table with an easy-clean top
- Price: $$$
- Table measurements: 20 H x 21 L x 21 W
- Age range: 1 – 7 years
- Colors: pink, green, coffee
- Best for: everyday use
The table from Costzon has an easy- clean plastic surface, four storage boxes, and two matching chairs. The set is praised by parents for its easy assembly, additional storage, and sturdy design, and the table legs have cups on the bottom to help it stick to hardwood.
“Some parents say that the storage boxes don’t always stay attached to the table, but most are very happy with it. Some people have to reach out to customer service for help assembling the chairs because the table is easy to build.”
- There are four containers underneath.
- Kids from 1 to 7 years old can use the table.
- Storage containers detach when cleaned.
- Even with snap-together pieces, it can be difficult to assemble the chairs.
- The chairs are lightweight and may pose a tipping risk for younger kids.
Best activity table for small spaces
- Price: $-$$
- Table measurements: 23.2 H x 20.5 L x 22.8 W
- Age range: 3 – 6 years
- Colors: white, dark chocolate, or gray
- Best for: those looking to save space with a multipurpose table
If space is a problem in your home, this simple chair-desk combo is a great solution. The setup is made from engineered wood and comes in either solid colors or bright colors and is decorated with popular characters like Mickey Mouse, Elmo, and PJ masks.
Parents who reviewed the desk said it was easy to assemble and sturdy. The drawer under the seat and the cup holder are popular with most people.
- The design works well for smaller spaces.
- A cup holder.
- There is a drawer in the seat.
- It may not be practical for homes with multiple small children.
- The seat edge may be uncomfortable for younger children as it hits the back of the legs.
Best portable table and chair set
- Price: $
- Table measurements: 16.5 H x 20 L x 20 W
- Age range: 2 – 5 years
- Colors: pink for Minnie, or red for Mickey
- Best for: little kids who love Disney
“This portable table and chair set from Disney Junior is a great solution for a toddler’s space needs, whether you need a comfy spot for your child to set up shop at a relative’s house or just need a space-saving solution. This table and chair folds flat for transporting or storing.”
This set is made from tubular metal with vinyl surfaces on the table and chair that are easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth. The chair can support up to 70 pounds, but parents warn that it’s verysmall. You’ll need to assemble this table and chair yourself, but tools are included.
If your child is more interested in Mickey than Minnie, there’s also a Mickey version of the table.
- The folding design makes it easy to pack.
- The seats are comfortable and have padding.
- The large table makes it ideal for multiple uses.
- The table only has one chair.
- It may be too small for older children.
Best activity table with ergonomic chair
- Price: $$$
- Table measurements: 20 H x 23.5 D
- Age range: 3 – 12 years
- Colors: white, multicolor
- Best for: everyday use
The Costzon table and chair set has four chairs that are toddler friendly and come with back and armrests. It is one of the most design-friendly options on the list.
The set has one of the highest weight limits, so kids of all ages can sit together. Most parents who purchased this set say that assembly was a real doozy.
- The table and chairs are suitable for a wide age range, so your child can use them.
- It is ideal for play dates because it has four seats.
- The chairs are meant to be comfortable.
- The set is more expensive.
- Assembly can be difficult even with the right tools.
Best Solid Wood Table
- Price: $$
- Table measurements: 21 H x 20 L x 24 W
- Age range: 2 – 6 years
- Color: white
- Best for: everyday use; adults and caregivers who want to be able to sit with kids
“If you want a table and chair set for your toddler that will last, you need to consider that they will ask you to sit with them a lot. If you pick a table set that can’t support your weight, that’s out of the question.”
“If you sit in it for more than 2 minutes, you can be sure that it won’t fall apart, as a solid wood choice like this one from Amazon Basics is a good option.”
The table and chairs are all white and are easy to clean. One reviewer said that a family member that weighed over 300 pounds was able to sit in one of the chairs without a problem.
- The set is made of solid wood, which will add longevity and make it easier for adults to use the chairs.
- The table will work for kids of all ages.
- It is easy to assemble, and comes with instructions.
- It is only available in white finish, which could get dirty often.
- The set is expensive.
Best table set for playrooms
- Price: $$$
- Table measurements: 19.5 H x 30.4 L x 22.4 W
- Age range: 3 – 8 yrs
- Color: white table with pink and purple accents
- Best for: playrooms; extra storage
The table and chair set is a great addition to the playroom. You will get a table with two matching chairs and four storage bins that can be placed on the built-in storage rack on the other side of the table. The wide top is perfect for snacking and lunch time.
The set is safe for children from 3 to 8 years old. The table is color coordinated with the rest of the table and the seat backs have heart accents. The pink and purple color and hearts are the only styles of the table that are available to girls.
- The table is suitable for children ages 3 to 8.
- It has a built-in storage area.
- The table is made from wood.
- It is on the higher side.
- the color palette and design may not suit all tastes
Best Table and Bench Set
- Price: $$$
- Table measurements: 18.98 H x 42 L x 22.64 W
- Age range: 3 – 8 years
- Colors: natural wood and yellow accents, or white with yellow accents
- Best for: households with multiple children
The toddler table sets come with individual chairs. This cute set from Amazon is perfect for fans of benches. It is only intended for indoor use, but is similar to picnic tables with benches, which allow you to have more than one child sit at the table. You could probably seat six children with younger tots.
The table set is made from natural solid wood and has a table top that is wide enough for a variety of activities. The table set was very popular with parents and caregivers. Reviewers wish there was a color option beside the yellow base.
- The benches have a capacity to seat up to six kids.
- The table is made from solid wood.
- A large table can support a wide range of activities.
- The set is expensive.
- It comes in two colors, both of which have bright yellow base supports that parents might not like.
|Product||Price||Age (in years)||Material||Seats|
|Humble Crew Lightweight Table & 4 Chairs||$$||3 – 8||plastic||4|
|UTEX 2-in-1 Kids Multi-Activity Table and 2 Chairs||$$$||3 and up||wood||2|
|Costzon Kids Table and 2 Chair Set||$$$||1 – 7||plastic||2|
|Delta Children Chair Desk with Storage Bin||$||3 and up||engineered wood||1|
|Disney Junior Minnie Mouse Blossoms & Bows Activity Tablet Set||$||2 – 5||metal, plastic||1|
|Costzon Mid-Century Modern Style Table Set||$$$||3 – 12||plastic, MDF, wood, metal||4|
|Amazon Basics Kids Solid Wood Table and 2 Chair Set||$$||2 – 6||wood||2|
|KidKraft Wooden Heart Table & Chair Set with 4 Storage Bins||$$$||3 – 8||wood, plastic||2|
|Amazon Basics Indoor Kids Table and Bench Set||$$$||3 – 8||Wood||2|
What can the toddler table and chair sets be used for?
There are many options for a toddler table and chair set. They can be used as a play space for arts and crafts or tea parties, but also as the primary space for your child to eat.
You can use them to store additional toys or supplies for drawing and painting, depending on the set you choose.
Is there a certain age to start or stop using table and chair sets?
Your child should be able to sit upright without assistance, and should have mastered neck and head control before they begin to use a table and chair.
The lowest age that a table and chair set is recommended for is around 12 months. You should consider other factors, like how low the chair is and if the table is too tall.
Your child will eventually get too big to use most of the tables on our list. If the table or chair is showing signs of wear, you should phase out the set. If you notice that the paint on your table set is peeling, you should replace it.
What are the benefits of a table and chair set for my toddler?
“It can help boost your child’s independence if you have a dedicated space to sit and play. You can make sure your child is in good posture by sitting in an ergonomics chair, as opposed to sitting on the floor.”
Depending on the type of table set you choose, you can help to boost gross and fine motor skills as toddlers learn how to move their chair or toys on their table. Children will learn how to share and take turns if you have multiple children using a table and chair set.
“At some point, your child will be able to play at a table without the support of Boppy cushions and sitting accessories. When they are ready to make the transition, you want a table and chair set that is safe for children and works for your household size and setup, but also works for your child’s needs. Fun options that incorporate storage can be a great way to cut down on playroom chaos and teach children to be responsible for their toys.”
“If you pick wisely, you can find a table and chair set that grows with your child, so you don’t have to replace it every few months. Depending on your family goals, that can translate into a toddler table set that has room for new additions in your household.”