There are a number of causes of numbness and tingling. Learn when to get medical attention and discover more causes.
Any part of your body can experience sensations of numbness and tingling. People notice these sensations.
- The hands are touching.
- The legs are long.
The medical term for numbness and tingling is “paresthesia.” Many things can cause numbness and tingling, including sitting with your The legs are long.crossed or You are falling asleep on your arm..
There is no obvious cause for the sensations. They could be symptoms of a condition.
Treatment for numbness and tingling depends on your diagnosis.
Things that we do every day can sometimes cause numbness, including:
- For a long time, standing or sitting in one position.
- sitting cross-legged
- You are falling asleep on your arm.
Pressure is placed on your nerves. The numbness will get better once you move.
There are many possible causes of numbness and tingling.
- an insect or animal bite
- mercury and other toxins found in seafood
- atypically low levels of vitamin B12, potassium, calcium, or sodium
- Radiation therapy is done.
- medications, especially chemotherapy
Sometimes, a specific injury can produce numbness and tingling, such as an injured nerve in your neck or a herniated disc in your spine. Other possible causes are below.
Pressure on a nerve is a common cause of numbness.
The following can put pressure on nerves.
- enlarged vessels
- ligaments, tendons, and surrounding soft tissues
- There is scar tissue.
- A tumor.
- It is an infectious disease
- inflammation or swelling of the spinal cord or brain
Some conditions can cause numbness and tingling. Examples include:
- There is a disease called diabetes.
- There is a problem with the migra
- Raynaud’s phenomenon, which causes reduced blood flow to the extremities, such as the fingers and toes
- neuropathy or nerve damage, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Seizure disorders are related.
- ministroke, also known as a transient ischemic attack
- atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries
- Under active thyroid.
Everyone can experience numbness and tingling. You probably felt it when you stood up after sitting for a long time. It usually resolves in a few minutes.
If you have, you should consult a doctor.
- There is no obvious cause for the continued numbness and tingling.
- There are muscle spasms.
- A rash.
Also, tell the doctor if the symptoms in your The legs are long.worsen when you walk or if you urinate more frequently than usual.
When to get urgent care
Feelings of numbness and tingling can be a sign of a serious injury or medical condition. If you experience any of the following, you should get urgent medical care or someone to call.
“The doctor will request a complete medical history. If you see any symptoms that don’t seem related, be sure to report them. If you had any recent, note it.”
- There are injuries.
- It is an infectious diseases
The doctor will need to know about any prescription or over-the-counter drugs you take.
The doctor may order additional tests based on the findings of your physical exam. These may include:
- a complete blood count
- electrolyte level tests
- The level of vitamins.
- The function of the thyroid.
- There are screens for toxicology.
- Nerve conduction studies.
Imaging tests of the affected area can help the doctor reach a diagnosis. The doctor may also perform one or more of the following imaging tests:
- The X-ray was taken.
- A computed toms (CT) Scan is performed.
- There is an magnetic resonance image.
- The baby is being examined by a doctor
- angiogram of your arteries
Treatments for numbness and tingling can be varied because of the causes.
Treatment will focus on resolving underlying medical conditions and will likely include medications.
Other treatments may include.
- There are remedies for the skin.
- Physical therapy.
- A person is wearing a brace.
- Changing your diet is a lifestyle change.
If you experience numbness and tingling, you may have a reduced sense of smell. You can be less likely to feel pain or temperature changes because of this. This means that you might touch something that is hot and burn your skin.
Alternately, a sharp object might cut your skin without you even noticing. Make sure you take precautions to protect yourself from burns and other accidental There are injuries..