We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
“Roman or Get Roman is a place where you can find men’s health services that you don’t want to go to the doctor in person.”
“We are taking a close look at the brand, their services, what’s behind the hype of their popular ED treatments, and whether or not they are worth checking out.”
Roman is a men’s health service that specializes in treatments for erectile dysfunction (ED) and other men’s health conditions.
It is a sub-brand of a company called Ro. Ro was started with the intention of providing an end-to-end consumer healthcare service. Ro wants to help with all of your medical journey, from scheduling appointments to filling out prescriptions.
Roman focuses specifically on providing accessible health coverage for men’s health. They’re most known for their ED treatments that have become popular alternatives to brand names like Viagra. But Roman also provides:
- Through an online dashboard, you can book online and in person.
- There are licensed pharmacies for prescription fills and refill.
- Treatments for infections.
- hair and skin treatments for hair loss, eczema, cold sores, and more
- generic forms of common treatments for allergies, heart health, and smoking cessation
- There are supplements for stress relief.
- Depending on your health insurance plan, appointments and treatments may be cheaper than your regular prescription service.
- There are no in-person appointments for care.
- Monthly subscriptions can help you remember to refill your medication.
- Roman may be more expensive than getting medication through your insurance if your health insurance covers these treatments.
- GoodRx can help you find better prices on generic drugs.
- You may not always receive your shipments on time due to supply chain issues.
- “Roman is a private company that works as a middleman between you and healthcare professionals. It can be difficult to rely on in the long term if the company’s business practices change.”
- service is not available in all states
Roman provides a brief overview of the ED medications.
This brand-name medication uses the active ingredient sildenafil to help you get an erection. This medication typically begins working after about 30 minutes and lasts for about 4 to 6 hours. It’s available in a 25-, 50-, and 100-milligram (mg) oral tablet.
This is the generic form of Viagra and the active ingredient in the medications Revatio and Viagra. While Viagra is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for ED, Revatio is only FDA-approved for treating pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Roman offers sildenafil as 20-, 40-, 60-, 80-, and 100-mg oral tablets.
This is the generic form of Cialis, which is also for ED. It lasts anywhere from 24 to 36 hours after you take it. It’s prescribed as a 2.5-, 5-, 10-, and 20-mg chewable tablet. The 2.5- and 5-mg doses of tadalafil are also FDA approved for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and urinary symptoms.
Generic forms of treatments may help with premature ejaculation.
This generic form of the antidepressant Zoloft has
Premature ejaculation wipes
Roman medications are usually delivered as part of a monthly subscription plan. You decide how often and how much you want to receive each month and pay a monthly subscription fee.
Roman can help you get in touch with licensed physicians so you can get a legitimate prescription for these ED treatments.
Just be sure to talk with your doctor before using these medications. There can be side effects, especially if using multiple treatments together. It’s important to know how your body may react to the ingredients.
Roman claims to make it easier to get prescription products.
“When you want a prescription for ED medications, hair loss products, or other medication, you have to answer a few questions on Roman’s website.”
You need to submit a clear photo of your face and a picture of your photo ID. If you are a good candidate for tele-health, a licensed healthcare professional will review your information and fill out a prescription for you.
Roman can use a video chat with a healthcare professional. These doctors are independent.
You may need to provide more information. If you are getting a prescription for ED medication, you need to provide an accurate blood pressure reading within the last 6 months. If you are signing up for hair loss medication, you will need to provide photos of your hair from different angles.
Roman sells generic ED medications that have active ingredients.
Sildenafil and tadalafil
Normally, you get an erection when your penis nerves are stimulated. This causes muscles to relax around two chambers in your penis called the corpus cavernosum. Blood flows in and causes an erection.
“When you have ED, penis nerves don’t respond as they typically should to your brain signals, which tell your muscles to relax and blood to flow”
Sildenafil and tadalafil make it easier for blood to flow into your penis, which is needed for an erection.
When you feel a sensation in any nerve, it means that sodium is activating your nerve endings and communicating signals called “action potential” to your central nervous system (CNS).
The wipes use Benzocaine to stop the production of sodium and reduce the ability of your nerve endings to communicate with the central nervous system. This means that you will feel less until the numbing effect wears off.
Roman charges for each ED treatment before any coverage from your health insurance plan.
$34 for a single 25-, 50-, or 100-mg oral tablet.
A single 25-, 50-, or 100-mg oral tablet costs $70.
- A 20-mg oral tablet costs $2.
- A 40-mg oral tablet costs $4.
- $6 for a single 60-mg oral tablet.
- A single 80-mg oral tablet costs $8.
- $10 for a single 100-mg oral tablet.
- A single oral tablet is $11.
- A single 10- or 20-mg oral tablet costs $44.
For a full list of medications and prices from Roman, see their website.
Roman also offers treatments to treat hair loss and premature ejaculation, as well as prescription oral tablets for ED.
Roman Swipes ED Wipes
These wipes are used to control sensation during sex. The idea is that this can help men have longer erections.
The wipes cost $22 per month for a 3-month supply. They are $27 for a month.
Roman offers the oral tablet sertraline (Zoloft) at $2 per dose. Sertraline is an SSRI medication typically used to treat depression. One of the side effects of sertraline is delayed orgasm, so doctors sometimes prescribe it for this use.
Finasteride is the generic form of the drug Propecia. This drug decreases the levels of the hormone DHT in your body. For some people, this helps slow or stop the natural thinning of hair. Finasteride is only recommended for men.
Roman sells a subscription that costs $20 per month.
Minoxidil is the generic form of the drug Rogaine. It’s believed to work by prolonging the growth phase of hair and enlarging the hair follicles at the same time, but this mechanism is poorly understood.
You apply minoxidil to the crown of your head.
Minoxidil is sold in a prescription that costs $20 per month. You can get it in a package with a discounted $35 per month.
“If you have ED, premature ejaculation, or hair loss, you don’t have to feel embarrassed. Roman ships all of their products in boxes that are not marked, so you can’t tell what’s inside.”
“The packaging isn’t marked with the health condition it addresses.”
Some customers have complained about being charged for renewal without permission. Roman has responded to many customer reviews.
Roman does not allow returns of their prescription medication due to regulatory issues.
They offer a customer service contact email for any issues.
Roman displays customer reviews on their website.
Positive reviews are displayed on their website. Customers praise treatment plans and fast shipping. Some reviews from other sites seem to be in conflict with these reviews.
Third-party review site Trustpilot only displays two Roman reviews at the moment, and it gives Roman an average of 2.9 stars out of 5.
One of the Trustpilot reviews says that competitors offer the same medications and dosages for less.
“The other review doesn’t relate to the company’s products or pricing but it does point out a negative experience one reviewer had interviewing with the brand’s marketing department.”
Right now, Roman’s rating on the BBB website lands at 2.33/5 stars from a total of 10 customer reviews. Positive reviews point to feeling at ease when talking about concerns with the medical team.
Negative reviews point to several issues.
- Customer service representatives have late response times.
- unauthorized charges for canceled subscriptions
- Not receiving subscriptions after being charged for them.
- Privacy concerns about personal information.
- There are no choices when choosing a doctor for a telepresence appointment.
The FDA has approved both drugs for prescription use.
It is important to talk with your doctor about possible risks and side effects of using Roman medications, especially when using PDE5 inhibitors in high doses.
Keep in touch with your doctor if you notice any new symptoms.
PDE5 side effects
There are some side effects with drugs.
- There is a rash.
- There is a process of flushing.
- The muscles are sore.
- sore throat.
- Back pain.
- There is a throbbing head.
- The nose is not straight.
- erection that lasts longer than 4 hours (priapism)
- blurry vision
Sertraline side effects
Sertraline can have some side effects.
- The appetite has been lost.
- There is a lot of diarrhea.
- upset stomach
- It is too sleepy.
- excessive sweat (hyperhidrosis)
- The movement is called the agitation.
Benzocaine side effects
Many other products, besides ED wipes, have Benzocaine as a numbing agent.
There are some possible side effects of ocaine.
- flaky skin
- Where you wiped.
- It is itchy.
- burning sensation
- It could be redness or warmth.
Is it possible to go with Roman?
Before you start any new drugs, talk to your doctor.
You may want to have online appointments with Roman physicians to get opinions on whether the medications are right for you.
You can ask some questions during your appointment.
Questions for ED care
- Does my ED have a physical cause? How can I know?
- There are other possible causes.
- How can I test whether I have ED?
- Will my ED only last for a while or could it be longer term?
- How can I know what treatment is best?
- Are there alternatives to these medications?
- What are nonprescription treatments for ED?
- Should I be taking care of other health conditions?
- I am taking these medications and what should I do?
- Do I need to see a urologist or another type of specialist?
- Is there any educational materials online?
If you meet the criteria for Roman telemedicine, you are ready to order.
You can choose whether you want a quarterly or monthly subscription for your medication. You enter your payment information. Within 2 days, the products are mailed to your home in a discreet box.
You can cancel the subscription at any time.
Roman does not accept health insurance as a payment.
Here are some lifestyle changes you can make to improve your ED symptoms.
You can make some changes to your diet.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Reduce how much processed sugar, whole-fat dairy, and red meat you eat.
- Drink alcohol in moderate amounts or consider not drinking any alcohol.
“It is important to discuss any medications or supplements with a doctor or a pharmacist. This will make sure that they are safe and won’t work against each other.”
Other ED treatments
You may want to discuss ED treatment options with a doctor. These options can be used.
- Penile injections: Also called intracavernosal injections (ICI), these injections deliver medications directly into the penis. These are not the same as platelet-rich plasma injections, which are considered an experimental treatment for ED.
- Surgery for a penile implant or a prosthesis: These procedures are another option for treating ED.
- Vacuum erectile device: This is another option for treating ED and can be used along with oral PDE5 inhibitors.
“If your ED medication isn’t helping you get an erection 50% of the time, you should visit a urologist.”
If you have a chronic health condition or your doctor suspects an underlying condition, you might need to have further tests or consult a specialist to find the right treatment.
Your doctor may refer you to a mental health professional if you have emotional or psychological factors that cause ED.
How long do the effects from Roman’s ED treatments last?
It should last no more than 4 hours. Emergency treatment is required for Erections lasting longer than 4 hours.
How often can you take Roman ED treatments?
Medical professionals recommend taking Viagra up to once per day, and sometimes a daily dose of Cialis, when needed.
Talk to your doctor about a recommendation.
Should you take ED medication if you’re under 35?
Younger people can experience ED. In that case, a doctor may prescribe ED medication.
“If you haven’t been given a prescription and you are not experiencing ED symptoms, you shouldn’t take ED medication.”
Are Roman ED treatments safe?
Sildenafil and tadalafil are approved for prescription use. They come with risks and side effects.
If you have any new symptoms, pay attention to them and talk to your doctor about the risks and side effects of using Roman medications. If you use PDE5 in high doses, this is important.
“Roman is one of several alternatives to traditional healthcare systems and prescription channels to get men’s health treatments for ED and other health issues.”
“Roman can help fill the gap if you can’t afford a healthcare plan that covers ED treatments.”
Roman provides discreet packaging and physician consultations to help you manage ED if you feel self-conscious.